Monday

Day 7 - Really Gus????

So I was actually feeling pretty good about my progress today, have been sticking to the plan pretty well, being disciplined about food, getting in the activities - y'know feeling like I had this in the bag.  As I'm adding my activities into my journal on FitDay.com today, I happy to glance down and about fall out of my seat...

That 25 minute pilates core training I did with Nicole Stewart today - the one that turned my muscles to jelly, made me shake, aggravated thigh muscles I was previously unaware of having, and turned my butt muscles into hot coals beneath my skin - THAT work out?  Burned a grand total of ..... wait for it ..... 95 stinking calories! WHAT????  UGH!!!  Not even a drop in the bucket toward a full pound!  ay yi yi....

On the plus side, I do SEE changes... my skin is smoother (in the target areas), my waist is smaller, there are significantly less dimples, my hair is longer... okay THAT has nothing to do with this challenge, but the vitamins are clearly working as my hair is longer, fuller, and healthier, so chalk that up to bonus. I'm definitely feeling a little more "girl-y".

BUT REALLY GUS???  I want to be able to give in to the fantasy brewing in my minds eye - I really want to wrap myself around that image of my "future" self lounging in a tiny hot-pink bikini beside some crystal clear pool somewhere, Vegas / St Thomas / Miami (take your pick) soaking up the sun, smooth skin glistening a warm golden bronze, tropical, fruity little umbrella adorned drinks in endless supply.......... AND 95 DANG CALORIES BURNED for a workout that makes me wonder if the prize is really worth the effort is just a slap in the proverbial face! OMG at that rate it will take me 10 YEARS to get there and I need to be there by Thursday!!!!  Okay I'll settle for being there by summer, but holy Moses, can I catch a break here?

SIGH.........

Must not lose faith.  It's ONE workout - there will be others. ugh. really???

No comments:

Post a Comment