Friday

Adapt & Overcome - Getting Back On The Horse

Well kids, it's been a while since my last update. Not even gonna try to make any excuses for it, and as you can guess I did not meet my 28lbs in 28 days goal for February. The past two months (has it only been two months????) have seen a plethora of situations and changes thrown from all directions. So much has happened since I was here last - I thought about giving you a timeline, but when I started to list all of the things that have transpired it became an overwhelming feat, so just suffice it to say that much has occurred including minor adjustments, major life changes, illnesses, birthdays, victories, defeats... the list seems endless.
In the past that would have driven me straight into the arms of my old friends Ben & Jerry, but somehow I managed to get through it all without them. No, I did not reach my goal. But the important thing is - I did not backslide. As I write this today I am still holding at 15lbs LESS than I was when I first started this blog, and only 45lbs out from my ideal weight. How achievable that feels at this moment!


I do have to admit, while the realization that my immediate wardrobe options are becoming less and less (remember - there is NO SHOPPING until goal is met....) leaves me calculating budgets more frequently, it does give me a sense of satisfaction every time I put on something that previously was snug and constricting, only to find it is loose and in some cases falling down.  I am amazed to find that my pants seem longer - I guess with less to go around they can get closer to the ground.  This is a big deal for a girl who had resolved herself to trying to make the "highwater" look acceptable.  


And I have to admit I am really enjoying hearing words like "skinny" and "thin" and "WOW" falling off the lips of people who haven't seen me for a while.  Even my 7yo, who has been meticulous about making sure I know that I am a "fluffy" and/or "chubby" mama has been reformed.  Recently I asked her to scoot over a tad so I could "squeeze my fat butt" into the space we were sharing.  She left me speechless and grinning when she replied, "oh mama - your butt isn't fat. It stopped being fat last Thursday."  To clarify - I am not yet actually "skinny" - but apparently that 15 deficit carries a huge impact.


All that being said - we are back in the game with a new focus:
Goal for April is now to match the current loss, or 15 additional pounds by the 30th.  Then on May 1st, I will once again challenge myself to ramp it up a notch and complete the 30 in 30, which will leave me right where I should be.  After that the real journey will begin - keeping it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment