Friday

Day 11 - NOT the Vegas Diet! Sigh....

One of the pluses of this challenge has been my overall DECREASED desire for food. I am able to go longer periods of the day without thinking about it, and am generally much more satisfied with a whole lot less. I'm not craving sweets at all - not even a tiny bit.

HOWEVER - once in a while a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do - and the only thing that will fill the void is a dang double cheeseburger. Today was that day, I just HAD to have one! And might I say that darn thing was sinfully tasty...... at first. But by the last bite the romance was wearing thin - and within 20 minutes it was all a load of concrete in my belly and the regret kicked in. UGH.

On the positive side - despite this infraction, I still managed to stay within my calorie goal for the day - and eventually I didn't feel so cruddy. And by the dinner hour I was definitely happy to choose healthier options, so with any luck I haven't completely sabotaged myself...

Reality check - at the end of the day giving in to these temptations got me here to begin with, and it is time to get my big-girl pants on and quit giving in so easily to the seductive pull of the drive-through. The show-stopping Vegas show girl body will not be achieved under these terms - I must be strong. Tomorrow is a new day that I will embrace with renewed vigor and get myself back in the saddle of the race to the finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment