Wednesday

DAY TWO - Motivated? Or just crazy?

Taking into consideration this is ONLY day two, my rational brain says "discouragement not allowed".  However, I can see that this will be one of those tasks that is far easier said than done.  The excitement of the morning passes quickly when you step on the scale and.....nuthin'. Not one ounce. URGH!

Being a woman of some rationale, I have decided the scale will now be off limits until Tuesdays.  Since we began this ride on a Tuesday with the first official 'weigh-in', it makes sense.   I will take the 'ol "Biggest Loser" approach and just continue to work my ASS (and yes I mean that quite literally) off for 7 days - and on the eighth I will step on that scale with glee and be met with a light from above and a choir of angels praising the 20 lb deficit from the week before.... right???  Oh barnacles.

Two victories to report though - two days in a row sticking to the activity plan, and two days in a row sticking to the supplement plan.  THIS is huge as I am not - and never have been - much of a "pill taker".  The whole idea makes me gag actually, but I also realize that it is necessary to the overall goal to get enough of the important stuff - and that would be impossible to do by food alone. 

Ramping up the calorie burning efforts I have settled on cardio in the am (some great kids workouts on comcast on demand that teach jazz and hiphop dance moves!  Don't know what I will ever need that for, but I'll be ready just in case!) and of course the pilates/yoga in the evening. Also incorporating the "no food after 8pm" rule.

I do enjoy the pilates/yoga combo - I can feel it working, for sure.  And I do know from past experience there is no faster way to achieve the long, lean, sensual lines I am focused on. And it is somewhat fun... I can definitely feel energy flowing to parts of my body that have been dormant for a while.  I can't help but long for something even more interactive and fun, tho.  Like DANCING!  Oooo dancing used to be fun!  Of course I'm no good at it anymore, but back in "the day"...... SALSA! There we go.  Fun fun fun.... better check in to that I guess.

What have I missed the most in these dormant years? Definitely clothes. Cute clothes. Body hugging, above the knee, show off the curves (which I did not have then) clothes.  I miss short sleeves.  I miss spaghetti straps.  I miss (modestly) short skirts and high heels.

Definitely one of the hardest things to come to terms with about getting to my ideal weight will be shrinkage of the upper body in certain spots. I was not blessed with "bodacious tata's" in the early years, and one of the benefits of being a bigger girl has been having some "girls" to clearly state that I am woman, hear me roar!  THIS I will miss. And I have no doubt that more than once I have sabotaged myself to save "the girls". Happy to see everything else go away.  I guess the balance is that I was blessed with a smooth tummy, and in about a week it will be completely flat.  That has never been an issue - and I realize for a lot of women it is, so for THAT I am grateful.  Never even got a single stretchmark... there.  Payoffs.  SIGH.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment